Statcounter

Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Bestfriend Quality In...You

Some people claim they don't have a bestfriend, some people claim they do. Depends on your expectation for a friend before you can give that title to them. Okay that's one. What about you? How many people in your life that actually give you that title Bestfriend? And what about their criteria too? Have you managed to meet theirs?

The few people I have talked to, who claimed that they don't have a  bestfriend, they said so because they expect too much from someone. Which in my logic mind, anyone who has their own life to manage, can't never meet that criteria. Then again, what about you? If you are one of those with high expectations in a bestfriend, do you fulfill those criteria yourself?

I tried to ask that question to myself before. I found out that it was hard for me to comply to a bestfriend's task to someone who expects too much from me. I have too much constraints. I can't always be there to save or help them when they need me. I am almost sure that no one would give me that title. Then I looked at my friend whom I refer as my bestfriend - what did she do to deserve the title? I'm sure that she can't always be there for me too when I need her, but then I never expect her to be. It's out of appreciation that I give her the title since she is the closest to me among my other closefriends. In other words, I am not one of them with high expectation of how a bestfriend should be. 

Recently, I notice that apart from being a self-centered person, I do have space for other people. I do sacrifice my time just to get something done for others, even if it doesn't directly benefit me. I'm just willing to lend a hand and It made me thinking, Oh, so I can do all this? But why I don't remember doing this before to anyone? So now I realize that we all have that Bestfriend Quality to at least 1 person in this world. It's only logical that the person is the closest person to us after our family. Of course. We can't just dedicate our whole life to ourselves, cos we are born into this world by a our mother, our of love, and it's by love that we shall continue living to make life meaningful. So if you find yourself slowly practising your bestfriend quality without you putting much effort of impressing others; which means you do it voluntarily not only because it comforts others but also yourself. This is where the work of charity finally comes to work - and according to what we are taught, Love is alive through charity. Love that only lies of the lips only means something when it's translated into a helping hands. If it's so hard to do it for others, then start doing it with the person you love the most. The Love virus can spread more from there - cos every act of love and kindness is nicely written, which if ever that God gives you a reward for something, it would be because of them.

Maybe every love that you give come back to you...:))


No comments: