Statcounter

Sunday, February 5, 2012

"Relationship Status"


I bet this term is especially famous among the Facebook users where you have this column in your Profile where you can state your Relationship Status, and you can pick Single, Married, Engaged, Divorced, In A Relationship or It’s Complicated. You know this function is important when it comes giving people the idea of “how accessible” you are. Do you rely so much on what people write as their Relationship Status? In other words, do you believe that people will just be honest about it? 

Based on my experience using FB since 2010, I saw that some people are serious about their details in FB. They will state it clearly that they are attached, and to whom. Some do take it seriously but they are constantly changing it. When they argue with their partner, they will change it, and change it back on when they make peace. Some are pretty much just messing around, you can say just to have good fun laughing with their friend to appear in each other’s profile that they are “together” but actually they are nothing like that. And the rest prefer not to disclose any personal details which make people clueless. You like it or not, it’s their right to do what they want. 

Lets talk about me now. I am one of them in the category, which most of you can guess already. I am into a lot of daily sharings. I share the real things that cross my mind, the real emotions that are consuming me at a particular time, all those things… But I am very reserved about my details. Speaking of Relationship Status, yes, especially that. Hahaha. I got a lot of questions regarding this. People want to know, at least, have the idea if I am attached or seeing someone. They just couldn’t see it from my FB Profile because I decided to leave it blank. From that kind of reluctance to spill the beans, I’ve been accused to purposely hide my relationship status so I can keep people “excited” about me, especially the guys. So they can keep having that kind of idea that I am approachable and viable to date. When the fact is that, I won’t entertain any of those things because I keep drawing my distance. So visually you can imagine them coming back to me and say, Why do you react this way if you are single? And if you are not single, why can’t you just say it loud and clear so we can stop trying our luck on you? AT LEAST, give us the fricking idea of your relationship status, will ya? (*LOLS) Ok Kidding. Hehehehe. 

Okay, you guys are lucky. I’m telling you something here. It’s not because I don’t appreciate that FB put that function for me to state my relationship status. Neither do I try to mislead people about that. My point is very simple. I take it THAT seriously that I refuse to just change it to “my current” relationship status knowing that anything can happen to that relationship. I definitely don’t want to look like a puppet that I can easily change my status tonite, and change it to again when things don’t work well. No, I’m just making my point that I am not one of those people who will create such drama. I do have a “Relationship Request” pending and I just refuse to Accept it until now. I am that serious about it that I might have hurt some heart for not wanting to declare something and let others see but I have stated my reason, at least for the most deserving person who should know it. 

I have A CONDITION before I can voluntarily change my Relationship Status for all to see. It’s only on one condition and once I decide to change it, it will stay that way as long as I’m still using FB in virtual world, and it’s gonna be eternity in real world. So no more accusation on why I do it this way, and you know this is no laughing business to me so I am taking my time before I can let you guys see what you want to see. 

NOTE: “Thank you for understanding". *Winks.

No comments: