Statcounter

Saturday, February 26, 2011

The RING…



A regular customer was sitting in front of me, looking at me doing some stuff with the computer. She spotted something on my finger. “Wow, is that an engagement ring?” She saw the ring on my finger. I just laughed. “Why did you say that?” She said, “You just got that, right? When? Last nite? I didn’t see you wear that before”. I laughed again. My normal reaction when “there’s too much to explain.” Hehehe.
“Oh, this is not a new ring. I’ve been wearing it for quite a while. Actually I thought this ring was lost about 2 weeks ago. I did not try to find it. I really thought I lost it already. And last nite…damn, I found it again. Then I was like, Oh okay, then why not wear it.”

She was getting more excited. “It’s a very nice ring! Look at the glow. Wow…it’s shining.” I moved my finger and examined the ring once again if it’s really beautiful, and said, “Oh okay”…and continued with the work. She kept saying about the glowing she saw coming from the ring. Well…maybe it’s a nice ring after all. Of course…It’s a D ring…

“So tell me, is that an engagement ring? When is the date gonna be?” I just laughed. “Errrr…errrr… actually…” I really hate to explain. Then she came out with, “You mean given by someone who you rejected?” Then I went… “Err….Unfortunately YeeSs.” She went, “Wow…” Then out of nowhere, I decided to make a joke out of it. “Look, even this necklace I’m wearing is a gift. Isn’t it funny? All the accessories I’m wearing now are gifts.” (Now I sound like I could not afford them myself, Which is true) Hahahahahaha.

One funny thing about The Ring is…when I thought I lost it for 2 weeks ago, WHY I FELT RELIEVED? I never tried to locate it. I have this habit of misplacing things so I thought the ring was one of them. When I found it in my handbag 2 days ago…I was like…Ermm…Ok…

I have a message to all the guys. When a girl wears your ring, it doesn’t mean that she says, Yes, I Do.
:) 

NOTE: Actually, “Yes, I do” doesn’t need a ring:)

No comments: