Statcounter

Monday, February 14, 2011

A Little Valentine Thought


After all the hoo-ha revolving Valentine’s day and its invalidity, I see that people are still going around looking for something to buy for their someone special, thinking of how to spend the day making their their loved one feeling special. This day automatically get themselves in the lovey dovey mood. I think they get the point. This isn’t about St. Valentine’s and whatever history how the day gets its name. No. It’s just a name to call the day. The idea is LOVE. Showing your Love. So you can go around banning and making it illegal for people to celebrate the day, gosh, this isn’t a festival at all. It’s just the day people spend extra warm thought for the person (people) they love, with their own will. Well, to those who don’t feel like doing anything, fine, it’s okay. It’s not for show. It’s about connection between people that are bridged by this God-given strong feeling. You don’t know where it comes from but you just feel it. Amazing, right?

Personally speaking, I am not really a fan of this day. To me it could just be another day. Based on my past experiences, I dislike the pressure to show your love at a higher intensity compared to the ordinary days. It’s like the inability of you to show it extra well would cause your partner to think that you don’t love enough. The fact is that, Love is not for show. I say it again. I don’t believe that you should show others how much you love and get their approval before you can believe that you do love for real. Oh come on. That is nonsense. You can win people’s impression that your love is the strongest and the most intense in the world but if it lasts only for a while, What For? After everything that I learn from life, I seriously don’t believe in Showing Off, if it’s all the best you can offer. To me, I prefer a humble way of experiencing love between two people, that lasts. This is the real manifestation of Love. The love that stays there for a very long time. Doesn’t fade with beauty or age. THAT’S THE LOVE that we all talk about and only a few have found.

I hate how wrongly some people interpret this. When the feeling is so strong at one moment, you thought you own the world. You wanna scream to tell them that you are in love. People will feel in awe to see such expression. Your loved one would feel like she’s at the cloud 9. It’s a sweet thing. But if it doesn’t last, What For? That feeling of temporary excitement must be a plain infatuation. It’s not even the real thing yet. You still go judging every minute if you still can feel the same way towards your partner. You still hear sweet words from other suitors who are trying to get your attention and suddenly you change your mind in the next minute. Suddenly everything turns to dust. You declaration of love to your lover becomes irrelevant. This is how some of you do it. So if Valentine’s Day is filled with people like this, I’m not surprised that Love will continuously get a wrong definition. That’s why I’m not a fan of this day. I believe that showing love must be ongoing, and you don’t need a certain day to show it more than the other, because to have a day like that, the expectation gets out of norm, and sometimes not realistic too. As it’s all about a good show. If you can spend so much and do something extraordinary, then you win. NO.

I’m tired of the show. I’m tired of having guys saying words of love to me and even buy me expensive gifts just to mislead me into thinking that you guys are for real. I’M NOT IMPRESSED. I don’t want a show. I had enough. If you want to be real, DO IT. Prove that you gonna be there regardless what happens, even how tough and how hard. Prove it that you gonna stand by your partner’s side the time when she needs you the most. How is this going to happen if you are not even faithful. Don’t talk about love if you can’t even be loyal. I rather see people who don’t celebrate but show the most original form of affections in many little ways that don’t even get recognitions from others. What matters is they stick together and inseparable. I saw some people like this. I am so amazed of you guys. If you have found this kind of love, Go ahead celebrate this day renewing you love vow that you gonna be this way for all the Valentine’s to come. Please keep the love strong because people like you will correct this misinterpretation of love. 


Stay In Love…It’s the most miraculous gift to the human beings.

No comments: