Statcounter

Sunday, January 2, 2011

“Old” Resolutions For New Year: Until When?


How did you welcome the New Year the last 12.00 midnite? Did you dive into the river and left some of your precious undies, or did you head the line up to your shower room and did some dirt scrubbing to get rid of last year’s jinx (or whatever you call it)? Hahahaha. Woops…Okay, I did not mean to laugh at how creative people welcome the New Year. I used to do it too back then. My parents told us we must at least take bath during midnite to get rid of bad luck. Or maybe going to the beach or river is more practical cos all of us can just jump right away…it’s big enough for everyone so let’s jump!! Hahahahaha. As the years went by, we started to get a little more logical what’s with the bathing and scrubbing and whatever during 12.00 midnite. I have stopped doing it for years now. In fact, I remember that I was busy watching Spiderman II on tv when the countdown took place. I was like, Ouch, it’s New Year already?

This year is no difference. I was on my bed when the countdown took place. Earlier that day, I went to church for the New Year Eve’s mass for some blessing. The turnout was very poor. Who would have thought of spending the time on New Year Eve at the church? Yeah, I get that. This was even our first time so all the years before, we didn’t even know that there was a prayer session for New Year Eve. Trust me, if I were not at the church that hour, I thought that no matter what I had been doing, it would still not be as “worthy” as being in the church. I really thought so because after spending the New Year Eve in the past, doing so many other things, eventually you want to do something “different” and “better”. What’s New Year about? Yes, gathering, having fun, partying, eating and drinking all you can, screaming for the countdown and all those fun stuff - Gosh those are fun!!! But did all that prepare you for the New Year? I mean, what’s the point of celebrating New Year, actually?

We often speak of New Year Resolutions. We want this. We want that. We want a lot of things. Most of those resolutions come from last year’s resolutions that are still not achieved. How many more New Year that we gonna pass the resolutions to finally achieve them? I thought that the real changes must happen in the heart. I could be part of the partying, but does it mean that I’m going to the new year with a new spirit? After everything that happened to me in 2010, I could not be so playful and think that I’m just going to do it better next time by just wearing the same kind of thinking and emotional and spiritual state. Look, it depends on how ready you guys are. To me, I realize that maybe I’m never serious enough about achieving my resolutions. I always give excuses so that I don’t feel guilty not achieving them. I always delay until tomorrow to make the real changes. Come to think about that, we could spend another 10 New Year countdown from now and still at the same place, asking for the same things- just older. Ask yourself, UNTIL WHEN?

This is why we have to be more serious. We can keep thinking about something and say “Yes, I will reach it SOMEDAY.” Oh man, when would that Someday be? I tell you what. Lets do this. Get serious NOW, and achieve the resolutions ALL by this year! And guess what, it’s only at the early morning of 2nd January, who dare tell me that there ain’t enough time for all those resolutions? If you think it’s too early to achieve, I think your Resolutions belong to the KIV (Keep In View) Bin, go claim it when you think you are ready to achieve it. OMG, Until When???

I write this expressive post because I was tired of being a person of delay, a person who is not only lazy, but also AFRAID to achieve something, thinking that it might be too big for me to handle once it takes place. OMG. That’s the most idiot thing that could occur and it did occur to me many times. I would like to slap myself on the face and ask the question, UNTIL WHEN??? and…oh yeah, that’s the slaps of reality. These resolutions are getting STALE, people. Before they expire, better achieve them and make sure all the resolutions are new ones for next year.

So if you partied or flower-bathing while welcoming the New Year, you did your way. You showed that you wanted some changes. You want better things for yourself and your life. It’s time to put it into actions . No more just talking “I wish..” craps and still be the same old person you are. Yes, I am harsh so that I could read that too and buckle up. I could not stand being HELPLESS with my own life anymore. That’s why I decide that this year is going to be revolutionary for me. I hope you want something like that for your new year too. :) Good luck!!

“Lord, Have mercy on us who really want to achieve our resolutions this year. Please give us some guidance when the going gets tough, give us strength and show us the way out of our problems. Oh Lord, we are so in need of your mercy. Be there for those who really want to change their lives because these people have gone milestone to reach their dreams. Bless their efforts, especially those who live the righteous way, and those who have overcome temptations just to be the good example for others who have drifted from the path of life that You taught us. Forgive us for our weaknesses and let them not be stop us from our dreams. We pray for protection and good health, also in the people that we love. Thank you for Your generousity. Thank you for Your Love. AMEN.


Here are some bonus for this post. Pics I took of the food on New Year.


This cake looks so cikai, right? But the price is almost for 2 good cakes in other shops.


It's a cheese cake. The taste is so-so for me, who is not a fan of cheese.


Some of the dishes for the New Year dinner...

This one is Chicken Chop
A menu called Malaysia Delight


The famous Lamb Chop


Grilled Chicken (Mine)



This was the dessert I made myself just now. Some pineapple, with yam ice-cream, with love letters and Hersey's dark choc...


Had a simple and neat New Year. We save the party things when we already achieve our resolutions, how about that? :) Hope you enjoyed your New Year. Time to "work" now. All the best!!



No comments: