Statcounter

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Most Loyal Fan Award goes to...


I’m not a celebrity. Neither are you. *Lols. But it’s one common thing that we have people around us who appreciate us more than the rest. They could be looking up to us because of the certain qualities that we have. You don’t have to be supergood to have people appreciating you. You just be yourself and you’ll be collecting some fans along the way. This is something that happens beyond your intention. It’s very very normal and only immature people who think that if you speak about “fans”, you’re actually bragging. Hahaha. No. Grow up!

Since I go online 2 years ago and be known as Twofivesix[256] (and all the nick variation; [256], 256, |2|5|6| etc) and then have this blog like a few months later, I am opening ways for people to appreciate my gifts. I am matured enough to know my winning points and I’m matured enough to think that this is not something to brag about just to appreciate your being and the creature God created you to be. This is how I see it. My friends who are also my readers, which some of them are also my chatfriends in IRC, mostly agreed on one thing. They said that I am a very good “talker”. Okay, what they mean is “good writer” cos writing is how we communicate in chatrooms, blogs and socials networks. I have come across people who showed appreciation towards my writing skills. They like reading what I write and even in the chatrooms, some told me that they enjoyed seeing me talking “craps” because they think they have a lot to learn from me. I am not so sure about that but I just take the good things. This isn’t about me. This is about them seeing something that they can relate to them. Some like my messy language which they thought are quite creative. Maybe I did a lot of reading in the past. Or maybe it’s just some talent to make things more interesting for people to see. As Twofivesix[256], I have come across many different people with different characters and ways of expressing themselves. I have some people who constantly showing appreciation towards my writing skill and I REALLY do appreciate that. To me in cyberworld, I’m just a few pieces of fingers who are typing something to share with the rest. I don’t believe that I can be more significant than my writings, but yes, I really don’t ask for more. If I were to write about THE MOST LOYAL FAN that I have, wild guess, anyone? Hahahaha

I will write about someone who I think deserve the most if this comes in a form of My Most Loyal Fan award. Hahaha. I don’t even know what to call it, I just call it “fan”. I already explained the definition. Looking from both real world and cyberworld, the person that deserve this is someone who comes from my real world (despite the fact that my cyberfriends are ALL AWESOME!) and this person knows me before I stepped into the cyberworld, even before I have my babyblog now. I tell you why I think he’s my most loyal fan. The duration since I first know him until now, I have temporary people who came and left, although a few of them really made quite “an explosion” when they were in my life. This guy, even lost contact with me for many months. Still today, he’s there. He would still ring my number the first thing after his family. And he’s not even anyone special to me. He’s just a friend. What do you think?

After I broke up with my ex years ago, he was the first man I came to associate with in a significant way that I would remember. How he approached me the first time and how he relayed things to me about what he thought about me are all so interesting to remember. This guy, had also told his parents about me. He thought that he found “the one” that he really liked. The funny thing was he was not even available. I won’t discuss about that but enough to say that he’s taken and he even told his woman about me that “I really like her.” Imagine how matured I must be to be handling all this from someone who just knew me that time. Luckily I did not treat him more than a friend who he didn’t proceed with anything he has in mind. Year after year, we both undergone changes in our lives. He occasionally dropped by my office and made funny comments about how I looked. He even complained about how I dress, if I put on some weight and stuff. If he liked me from my physical, he would have quit being my fan judging from all the complains he made. Hahaha. There were some silent months. Guess what, after everything that happened, even now that he is promoted to a higher post and mix with the big people, he still would appreciate if I would even let him send me home or at least spend some time just talking over coffee. I remember how he asked me out for movies and when I said that I have work at the office, he said that he wanted to be my unpaid assistant for the whole day to help me do my work. Hahahaha. He’s my friend that I could react the most neutral way. I did not mind riding his car and I did not mind talking about issues that are sensitive to discuss between male and female. It’s the natural way he makes me react towards our friendship that makes him get this award.

Being the person who knows my weaknesses, he never gives up on me. At first I thought he was just a guy who liked me physically because he told me the first time he saw me, he admired many things about me. But he proved himself that I was wrong. Maybe he did not know it himself that actually he still saw “that lady” in me NO MATTER what changes that he could see in me with his bare eyes. He made me confess things without having to really care what he feels cos I know he’s going to adjust himself to my situations as much as I would adjust to his. One thing I can proudly say…being a difficult person to make friends with for new friends, he is one person who doesn’t feel that difficulty at all because he puts himself in the best position that if anyone need to say something to me and afraid to do so, this guy can do the job because he seems to know how to handle me. He knows my attitude issues and he knows the best advice to tell me, “256, don’t take out your temper to these people even if you think you are right.” I mean, none of my friends would advice me that because none of them know the real issue that I have to deal when it involves certain conflict. The way he talks about other girls and how he sometimes compared those girls to me, he always failed to hurt me because I have long accepted his honesty and he’s the only friend that can complain about anything at all and receives back sincere laugh from me. I just don’t know what’s with this guy but the top reason why he receives the award of My Most Loyal Fan is without me knowing, he shows me the way that THIS IS HOW I WANT A FRIEND TO TREAT ME AND THIS IS HOW I WANT TO FEEL FOR A FRIEND who has once confessed feelings for me. I never use my friendship with him to get what I want and I never let him use his position to get something for me. This is the most un-parasitism encounter that I ever have. At the end of the day, we are happy we are in each other’s life. As far as this award is concerned, I know that this guy saw some real qualities in me. Exactly how I would wish a friend would treat me. Like he would always remember the first impression that he has for me. For that…I would give the title My Most Loyal Fan to him, and he doesn’t even know this.
Note: It’s okay guys…if I have another award like this in the future, it could be for you…*giggles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your number 1 most loyal fan is a real friend to keep. I'm glad you've met someone like him. - Trigger Happy Hands

Twofivesix256 said...

Thanks Trigger...It's no task to keep a friend. Real friends will stay :)