Statcounter

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Re-Friend-Ed

I have this one friend, who used to be - Not the favourite- girl in school. Simply because of her attitudes and lifestyles. I had to cut all contacts with her because she would stick to your like a leech and drag you in all her scandals. I took the decision after some deep thoughts. I thought that I could not change her. I thought that at the same time, I could not go with her way anymore, or I could be in constant heartache trying to be a friend in a toxic friendship. It's been years since I never talked to her anymore. 

Recently, she had to find me to get some works done. I was so reluctant when a friend passed my number to her. But then I decided that I have grown up since then. I shouldn't act like a small girl anymore. Especially when what she offers me is some good business which helps me with my work. No, not just about that. I saw some changes in her too. Thank God that motherhood keeps her occupied to the noble works of raising his kids, instead of getting in bad scandals like before.

So despite my reluctance, I have accepted her into my circle of friend again. In fact, I find reasons to admire her. All her patience and strength, despite having friends who dissed her, she keeps standing strong and building her life. I know that her weaknesses will not be completely gone, I always know she has these qualities, but after the test of times, it takes extraordinary courage to still keep going strong. Plus, I can see that she's making the effort, even if she actually doesn't need me in her life. She has options. She accepts that only when she has business to give me, then only we contact. It looks selfish, right? But it's not. It's Symbiosis. Maybe I trade convenience with business. 

So, if you ask what I feel. I feel better this way. I always feel guilty of what I did to her, just by not talking to her for years. Now that I talk to her again, I feel like this is the way to go. One of the things why I love maturity so much. It just makes you wiser. Thank you Lord. Please bless the friendship that I have with my friends. Forgive us for the wrongs we have done towards one another, and help us to become a better friend to each other, with You as the pillar. Amen.  

No comments: