Statcounter

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Another Letter To Santa… I Am Not Sure.





Man oh Man. It’s 9th of Dec and why I feel so different? There is this thrill and excitement that should be there but aren’t there. Why is that? Christmas is approaching, and heck, it’s the best month of the year, I can’t just be sitting here not having that feeling of awe. One more. It’s the New Year. Yes, we are slowly leaving this 2011, a year that recently recorded a lot memories for you and me. Oh man. We are leaving THIS year!! Are you sure we have gone through almost 365 days to finally make this leap? Where are those people who complained that 2011 is a bad year despite only halfway going through it. I want to ask these people again just in case they’ve changed their mind. I seriously gonna expect some interesting answer. 

Ok, first thing first. Christmas 2011 is approaching...have you prepared your wishlist? Do you find it shorter or longer than last year? hehe. Whoaa, Santa's workload is seriously gonna be doubled this year. Hehe. What about my wishlist, you ask?



I used to have a wishlist for Christmas. Back in my first semester in University, I remember asking for a 3 point grade CGPA, I said to God, “…as my Christmas gift” and he didn’t give it to me. My heart was broken for more than once because I asked for something that I know I wanted but I was not given. Did I even study hard enuff to be a 3 pointer that time? I forgot to ask myself that question. The rest is history. I have quit asking for A Gift I don’t know I deserve. What I do now is “Get things done” earn the credit, Christmas day or not. Instead of just asking for this and that from God through my prayer, I go ahead and do my job. I slowly get what I want, one by one. By the time Christmas is approaching, I don’t know what else to ask for. Maybe I don’t really expect for a gift anymore. I just keep saying the same prayer that I say every other day. I pray that all the good things I have in my life, both Who I have and What I have, I wish to be given longer to have them in my life. Everything is looking neat now. Maybe a little messy here and there but I can handle them. I want to clean the mess… Don’t do it for me. I’m sure I am given all this capability to be able to handle things well, and I’m gonna do JUST THAT! So Santa… I’m glad that you exist in people’s imagination. At least we can make it sound like a joke when we ask for something ridiculous from God and we used you. Hehe. So, I’m gonna pretend to be saying to you, Santa, You Can Go To Rest. I mean, while the rest keep asking for a long list, I’m sure you have shortlisted candidates. Hehehe. (You shortlisted people, you better have your chimney ready. But I heard Santa has a flexible body, he can squeeze himself in even how small your chimney is. *LOLS. OK kidding.)

Thank you Lord… All the things I have learnt and understood, I feel like I can take it from here, discover more great things in store for us. What I leave to your care is protection for me and my loved ones, and all the nice people, from all the bad things around us. You have showed us so much mercy and never once that you have abandoned us although it took a while for us to see that You’ve been there all along. All the hardship that we have endured, is now in a form of armour that we can use to protect ourselves from doing the same mistakes again. I am so grateful, I could not say it enough, please let all this blessings stay as long as I deserve it. Thank you…muahss. :)


Note: For my Facebook profile, my avatar is in Santa Rina attire. Why not? It doesn’t mean that I don’t know that Christmas is about Christ and not about Santa. The Santa story brings this joy to the kids and it becomes a happy Christmas symbol, while what we learnt from our faith and religion will stay, and also grow, and not necessarily for a show. It’s not because we are ashamed of it, but we know peace and love that our religion promotes speak in universal language. If those can still reach out for the non-believers, WHY NOT. Let the wings of love and joy spread throughout the world, if some of them look at Christmas as a general celebration for people to gettogether and exchange gifts, let them. The Good Things Shall Remain Good. The way I see it. *winks. Peace out Peeps….:))

No comments: