Statcounter

Monday, December 12, 2011

"Someone Like You"


Hearing the song Someone Like You by Adele, I started to wonder what did she mean by the song. It doesn’t really have one clear meaning. One part of it made me think that she was okay with the news that the guy found his new love, and another part made me think that she is kinda clingy and she was just talking in riddles, that actually she is not over the guy yet. Man oh man. Forever The Exs stories. When will there be a stop to this? How long are we gonna talk about the glory of our exes, which ex was better than which and who broke your heart the worst kind of way and who actually leaves the deepest wound in our heart? Until when that you gonna compare all the new person that you meet with your ex. Aren’t you tired? Don’t you guys feel it’s about time…To Move On?

Now that we are coming to the end of 2011, we are getting another year older. Our journey continues. How long are we gonna carry the excess baggage from our pastime hurts and the memories of the people who have walked away from our lives. The word Clingy is very lame to me. I hate that word. It used to be part of me, as much as I tried to deny it. Slowly I learn to “let go” and yeah it does feel different. It feels good in a way, but of course, there’s one side of me still entertaining the lil thought about the possibilities that could happen if I did not do some mistakes that I did in the past.


Whatever your attitude in handling these excess baggage is…eventually the best thing is to let them off your shoulder and walk with lighter steps, moving towards the infinite possibilities in front of us. Yeah, we might have lost some really wonderful people from our mistakes, or the people left us for someone else, yeah, we could continue on how we cried for weeks and months from that excruciating breakup. It’s still a topic that comes out everytime we hang out. Maybe the only mistake is to renew them everytime that we have less space for new memories to linger. The past can’t hurt us anymore, and don’t be silly to still be forcing the past to interrupt your life. It’s NOT worth it. 

Especially now that you are seeing someone else, some of us are still so busy bringing up about the good moments between them with their exes, without thinking that the person in front of them is THE BEST person at the present. Seriously, don’t do this because I asked you to. Do this because you finally come to the realization that it’s the best thing to do. Come on guys… you had good memories, but you can make better memories with the person who is still in your life. Time for a new book. Be thankful for once that those in your past have carved the person you become today, and then close the book, because you are not gonna waste the person you become by still reading the old fairytale over and over again. It’s like after reading Cinderalla story for countless of times, maybe it’s time to materialize the part of the Cinderella story that you really want to happen to you. It’s time to Live Life fully conscious and awake. We have done all the mistakes, we have been hurt and healed, Oh man, we are officially a well-equipped homo sapiens. Guys and girls, We are good to go. GOOD LUCK. *winks.


Note: For those who came to the end of this page will get to hear this amateur singing by me. I only properly listened to this song about 2 days ago and I said I would memorize it at least after I record a session singing it. I sang it many times, but when it finally came to recording it, I became quite tired already. I like this freedom to just be imperfect and feels perfectly okay about it. *LOLS. Kidding. Consider this a gift for my loyal readers. You guys rawk. Muahss.



No comments: