Statcounter

Friday, December 2, 2011

Prince Charming In The Making



He asked me, “How long do you give me to prepare myself to be good enough for you?”

Darn, I have no answer for that. Is there an answer available for this question? 

How do you define “Good Enough?”

We all have this criteria for an ideal partner or life mate. Yes, we can go all the way, listing down all the details, but when it comes to the hands-on hunting, the more particular and critical we are about our criteria, the more we will come across failures and disappointments. Still clueless?

Maybe it takes all the failures and “searching-in-vain” for the Prince/Princess Charming qualities to finally realize that we have issues with our criteria. I bet we have spent our whole love life time to seek the answer for this “ideal partner” that we’ve been looking for. If we get a little lost in this quest, we start to blame the fate that we are just NOT lucky enough in love. Should I beg to differ? Maybe I should.

We are all the same. We go from one failed relationship to another. When it keeps happening, maybe there’s something to fix. It could be something from within us. With these weaknesses that are buried in our blood and genes, we can’t go around looking for perfection that only good with story-book descriptions. Reality Check, please :)

Maybe after a while, we are just forced to think using our adult mind. Without really giving up our preferences in life mate, we can still make things work. You ask me How? Lets me see.

Let’s say you find this guy who you have good chemistry with. Then you learn he is lacking in other fields that are equally important to you. You realized it too late that you had let go a special guy like this for too many times in your life, thinking that he was not well equipped with all the qualities that you seek. You keep looking for another who is better and better than the last one. Okay, then what’s the problem that you still haven’t found the one?

My recent experience really taught me a lot. How can I demand so much from someone when I myself is nothing near perfection. I myself, is also lacking in many things in someone else’s eyes. (Finally the mirror helps, again. Hehe) I have all my points to back up myself that I would start with “Nobody’s Perfect” and I'm improving myself, I will fix my ways, and I’m sure I’ll be a much better person soon. Yeah, I can say all that. But do I give the same space for others to speak the same to me? That they need chance to polish themselves BEFORE they can BE THAT person that we are looking for. Isn’t that logical?

What, do you expect good things to just fall from the sky? How can we ask for that when we have all our hands and brains to work it out ourselves. That’s why, Never give up someone who you find reasons to be together with. One of two down points are too lame to let someone go. Open your mouth, tell the person what you think he/she should improve, which part that you don’t fancy, and which part you think he/she overdoes. You often hear people say that it’s all about good communication. How hard can it be to say things to someone who is special to you? You can hurt the person once or twice with your words, but if he understands your intention, he would stop getting hurt. All that is worth trying rather than to resort to breakups. How hard it is to Groom one person, who you claim to be in love with, to finally be that most ideal partner of your dream. Of course, there’s a give and take. You can’t change the person to totally a different person. You must allow him to comfortably be himself, accept his nature as long as it doesn’t harm the relationship. Remember, allow him to do the same to you. A Prince Charming is best to be with a Princess Charming, right? Hehehe. So, the mission is for both of you to shape each other into each other’s ideal partner. With this, hopefully you two appreciate each other better, and stay by each other side through thick and thin…:)

Consider that your loved one is your best Masterpiece ever, don’t you fancy that? Hehe


Congratulation, this makes each of us Prince/Princess Charming In The Making. :))

*giggles.

Note: Allow light posts like this once in a while…heehehe

1 comment:

prince in the making said...

I own you.. and you own me :}