Statcounter

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

"Dress To Impress"



I am well aware of double standards cos I have been in both situation where I was the victim of it, and the situation where I was the victor of it. There's really no magic in this. People just treat you better when you dress well. As for ladies, we have the advantage cos we have more options of what to wear. 

Actually I meet with limited number of public because I'm limited to my work space most of the times. I seldom want to dress to impress. But lately I have to go out a lot and "get a few things done". Which means I don't do this for a long time and I want to take a shot now. Ah, I love it when I start wanting more. I'm usually happy with what I have, for a very long time. I just say Thank you God for all this. But then one day I realize I can get more. That if I don't get it, I'm underutilized, I'm lazy and I don't use my gifts. This doesn't mean I'm less grateful now but opportunities are part of the blessing. I'm now eligible to grab them so I will not dodge them.

So I now I want to dress to impress because I don't want to be treated less than I deserve. Gone are the days when you have to beg to be served just because you dress modestly. Leave those to your younger days when you didn't understand how things worked. Nowadays, you have to dress like You mean it, like You want it. Dress the way that people don't want to say No to you. Leave nothing to chance that you get denied because people judge you from the outside. Let them do that, but this time just be prepared!

I told them, the last time that I wanted something so much, I'm still enjoying the fruit of the hardwork up to today. I have never wanted that much ever since. I told them I miss the time when I really wanted something and determined to get it. Cos it's not like you can shove it to me and ask me to "256, Trust me you want this!" It will not happen. I have to naturally want it without any force. So can I have my time now?

So again ladies and gents, it's not wrong, but we are just being manipulative of the human sentiment. Just be in people's good book and lets see where that gets us. As far as dress to impress is concerned, you don't have to try so hard. Just be yourself but be at your best. You deserve it!

No comments: