Statcounter

Saturday, January 12, 2019

To Have or Not To Have Kids





Years ago, I first read that Sammi Cheng, the Hong Kong famous actress, decided not to have kids.  Does anyone react to this with "Really?? That's just stupid!" I wonder what's your take on this.

Quoting the news on her decision:

The actress said that she knows what suits her personality and being pregnant is not it, adding, "Taking care of a child requires heart and determination. The world now is not as simple as before. We are lacking in resources and the food and air quality is already poor.


And this is not the first time that I read or heard someone said it. I remember this guyfriend of mine. He said he didn't want to procreate because he doesn't want to pass his traits to his kids and make their lives difficult. Of course I thought he was kidding. But because I know his issues, I think he has a point.

But then try and look around us. Not all kids are given the chance to be raised well by the people who brought them into this world. The adults are getting distracted by issues revolving cost of living, problems dealing with debts and money management, not to mention marital problems that are getting worse in the new era where people have more options to cheat through the technology of social medias. Then look at the crimes today. It's worsening with kids as the easy target. Abuse by the people you trust to take care of them. Then we have Pedophilia, kids of both genders are not spared. The rising of LGBT - they are slowly becoming a new normal. Not to mention, Incest. Horrifying if you ask me! Not to mention the pollution  everywhere! In the air that we breath, the water that we drink, the food that we eat -- toxins everywhere. Oh, even before you go that far, look at the both parents themselves. Sometimes you see the families that are really struggling to even provide food on the table. See how many wives are suffering to be the bread winner of the family, ignorant husbands who are jobless and lazy. Even during pregnancy, wives are going through it alone. But some parents just continue to have another and another kid without family planning. It's our purpose to procreate, Yes, but please also be rational - those little humans ARE HUMAN BEINGS. They are not dolls or toys, a present you give or get to make you happy for a while. NO, THEY ARE NOT. Once you give birth to them that's another soul right inside that tiny body.

I really salute parents who made it. I REALLY DO. That's including our own parents. You guys have successfully carried out a mission given by God. You raised your kids well, you sent them to school, you guided them through their teenage years and saw them grow as sensible adults who can carry out the same mission for their next generations. You defy all the worldly challenges and prove that no one should make Excuses when it comes to giving the best for your children. For the love of God, I really salute you guys. It's not fair to say that You're just lucky. I know you did everything you can to make this world bearable for them. Thank God that you defy your physical, mental and emotional issues from stopping you from your responsibilities towards these little humans that you bring to this world. Thank you for raising us well, our parents.

But not all are fit and capable to do it. As we are now adults, the world is getting older. It's getting too polluted and tainted. The uncertainties that we gonna fail them, even the just thoughts are too much to accept. These little humans are too precious. Sometimes I wonder, if I have my own kids, I'd be constantly worrying about them. If you are a perfectionist like me, it's even more difficult to deal with your expectations. When I say, I only want the best for my kids, I mean it and I must do it. But the reality is I'm not even that secured with this world myself. I always have to be extra careful with all my steps to just secure my own safety. I mean, the possibility of failing the little angels, I just can't brain even just a little thought of it. You can't take chances with this. You can't say, it's either I can raise them well or not. If I can, okay la, if not, what to do lah? And then, look at the way I think, imagine if I pass this kind of difficult personality to my kids, I don't know how they gonna survive this rough world. Oh garsh the thoughts almost choke me. LOLS

Ah, so I decided to make it a laughing matter in the end. But at least did I raise some arguments why some people decide not to have kids? Lets not judge them on their decision. It doesn't sound good, it's not that normal, but it's very rational. This kind of decision is made with proper planning. These people are still thousand times better than those who go ahead with their way and then only think that they don't want the kid when it's too late and then resort to abortion or baby dumping. Stop that stupidity. You don't own that life to end them that way, you understand??

Kids deserve the best. Invite them to this world only when you are fully determined and don't ever back out from that mission cos I repeat, KIDS ARE NOT DOLLS OR TOYS; a present that you give and get to make you happy for a while. Please take the decision seriously cos they are a mission from above. To all parents, please continue to do your best. May God bless all of you!

No comments: