Statcounter

Monday, April 14, 2014

Why Pick One When You Can Have More?

This is what happened to me today. I must say that I am not the luckiest person in the world in terms on fortune. But then for someone who has "my kind" of ego, maybe it keeps me on the ground. Too often that I find myself in a situation that I don't have much, to even rightfully boast about anything. So today when all opportunities come to me at once, I asked myself, Is this for real? So the usual case is that, I could only pick one that's the closest my hands can reach, and just be happy with it while letting the rest go. 

Today is different. After some very serious prayers, I saw that I have the option to have them all. Which I could not see it if I don't use my wisdom well. But luckily, I managed to decide on time. I thought that by getting all these good businesses lately, I almost make that as an excuse not to attend Palm Sunday, when I could use that quality time at the church, to pray and say thankfulness to God. Why would I use God's grace to spend less time with him? I didn't even do so well with my Lent season so far, I should feel the need to really honour the Holy Week to make up for all that. 

So today,  I managed to attend Palm Sunday with a grateful heart, without losing my business opportunities. Maybe I just got used to too much mind torturing that I could not believe that I could pull it through. Maybe because of all my shortcomings that I am not happy about, I tend to look down at myself. Luckily I keep my "eyes for God" awake. It's that which doesn't keep me drifted away too far from what's proper. 

But this post is to tell you guys One Thing. That GOD does answer prayers. No No, I know you know but you gonna forget that again just like me, so let me remind ourselves once again that really, GOD does have so much mercy for us, even when we think we are the most undeserving creature we know. It's not me that makes me deserve that, but it's God that answered my prayers and pour His mercy on me. He knows how important it is for me, and suddenly I realize that this is how He often "bailed me out" of every tough situations. Most of the times He didn't give me what I want, but He sent help in different way, to make the situation bearable for me. In the end I just know it's His work.

So when you are given so many opportunities, like answered prayers that come at once, maybe God doesn't mean that you need to choose one, but He wants to see how badly you want them. Would you come up with a solution that makes you win, and He wins too? Maybe that's what He wants. I think I do the right thing today by acknowledging that the good things that happen to me recently, none of them are my own work. It's HIS. So I should spend time for Him, and don't worry so much about missing anything, since it's also from Him that all those come from. 

Thank You Lord, Thank You :)

No comments: