Statcounter

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Faith For Fear Sake, Are You?




Spiritual check, people.

I asked a guyfriend before. "Would you cheat on your girl?" Being a new Christian, he certainly was a bit more careful with his words after he claimed to have received the Holy Spirit in his life and body. "Err No, I don't think I will cheat. " Then I asked, "Why?" He answered, "Cos...God doesn't like it. I will make God angry and I don't want to do that. I fear God's punishment so I will not cheat." It sounded predictable. But it was lack of sincerity, don't you think?

Don't you people know that bad things in this world, are BAD because they are NOT RIGHT to be done? If you kill someone, before you think you gonna offend God, don't you think first that you are taking someone's life? You are taking someone's loved one, and some people gonna lose a family, a friend, a worker? So they are clearly very wrong to do, without even taking God in the picture. And same with stealing, framing people, cheating, all that. I just want to tell you that if you know these things are wrong and you are sincere about being good people, you would still NOT do it even if you are not punishable for it. Even if, God doesn't care or count. But don't you think doing the right thing should be for righteousness sake and NOT fear of punishment? I don't know about you, but I would like to make "righteousness" as part of life. I want to make it as a point of "I WANT" not "I HAVE TO". Darn. Don't you people want to do the same thing too?

I have stopped doing what I am not sincerely into doing, for quite some time now. That's how I have to stop pleasing people at the same time. But all I can guarantee is that, whatever that I do, I won't harm them unless they expect unreasonably from me. So, sometimes I get rebellious when I am stuck in the situation where I am doing something good out of fear. I hate that idea. Please. Make righteousness "An Act of  Freewill" that is not forced by anyone, even by God. I believe that when we do something good out of free will, that's the kind of Faith that matters to God. :)


No comments: