Statcounter

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Challenge of the Century: Practice What You Preach



I am moved to write this topic because of what’s happening around me. Money is always The Chief Devil that causes us humans to stray from the right track. It’s just too easy to get possessed by the devil when Money rules our mind. WHY? Can you trust yourself anymore when you are with money? How powerful can money be that you would break all your words and lose all the trusts people built on you? Is it worth it?

I am surrounded by female friends with their own struggles. I have my own struggle too. This working environment is the Real playground. No more simulation. This is the real thing. In the midst where everyone has their own goal, and the fact that we are never silent of problems and troubles, this is where we are tested to the limit. With all the virtues that we are trying to hold on to, we find out that it’s just too easy to lose grip. Here comes the art of manipulation of many fancy name people call it. In the end, it’s about using one another to get to our own goals, and whether or not others are celebrating with you. Or totally the opposite.

I have friends who are constantly depending on others to save them from problems. For them it’s their friends’ responsibility to prove that they are the friends in need. If you don’t help, means you are not the kind of friends that is worth to keep. I have another type of friends who slammed that type, who know so well and in details about why that other type is not the kind of friends to keep. In other words, you witness how the backbite each other, and they are both your friends. Logically speaking, the type who is so good in evaluating the other type for not being competent friends, they should perform way better than the first type, right? Guess what, as someone in the middle, I was quite upset to find out that they are both belong to the same league. I mean, all this while, I listen to each of them slamming the other, but they are just the same. Should I blame money as the culprit? It’s money that make them become friends who are never sufficient and always come to their friends for support and they would risk friendship and even familyship just as long as they get what their want. But then it is Money or is it just them who are too weak to get ruled by money instead of otherwise?

Money is really an indicator. To know how well you hold on to your virtues. You can speak about integrity, being honest, being trustworthy, and the list goes on…TRY It first with money. If you are given the sum of money to manage and handle, can you even do it. Can you promise to not cheat a penny. Or would you find a way to cheat with the excuse that you are a bit more unfortunate than some people so you should just be forgiven for your misconduct. What is it exactly?

I’m a little frustrated with the attitudes of some of my colleagues. At one time they told me they were behind these rare values but they crushed it just like that when they were put in the circumstances to Prove themselves. Not even friendship matters that much. I hate the fact that I have to lose another and another person to trust. I’m frustrated that I thought, I have friends who would put it the last that they would betray their values. I thought I was surrounded by people who would fight for it. They proved me wrong. Suddenly I feel so alone.

Then again, it’s my battle to Prove that I am not one of them. I will not have another person write something like that, referring me as a lost battle. I can’t go and spread good news when I myself is the bad news.

As a matter of fact, To Practice What You Preach is still humans’ biggest challenge.

Question is, are you gonna make it? Or just join the rest who failed? It’s time to prove. :) Best of luck :)

No comments: