Statcounter

Monday, November 2, 2015

There's Nothing In This World That I Own


It's such an inspiring thing told by a customer, who is in her 50s. She is definitely someone who knows what she's saying. She has 10 children and lost her loving husband to a sudden death. She becomes my customer shortly after that when she and her daughter had to find ways to earn money themselves. A few years later, I could see changes in her. Her life is slowly paying off. Her kids are most grown-ups and she can spend her time doing what she likes, instead of working hard like before. So as we were sharing about some failed relationships of the people we know, then she told me this magic advice.

"Actually, what makes breakup more painful is because we think we OWN the person. That the person is unrightfully taken from us, hence it's unjust and we become so deeply hurt. We refuse to let go because we think it's our right to cling to the person who belongs to us. The truth is, there's  nothing in this life that we actually own. Nothing at all. Anything and be taken from us anytime, and it's not our job to stop it or holding on to things that leaves us. We never own it in the first place. Whether we lose it to another person, or to death. Whichever, it's the fact that we should accept that despite all things that don't last, we own nothing of them."

If you ask me, Yes, I have no doubt that her understanding of life - that we never own anything - helps her go through the toughest times in her life. I see myself totally the opposite. Sometimes I hold on too tight to things that any slight changes can affect and hurt me. She really inspires me since that day.

Today, I am facing a problem that is quite tough. My heart is filled with anger towards the people who caused me this problem. I wanted to shout at them and say all the bad words so they know how mad I am. I'm starting to feel hurt again because the losses that I have to bear because of it. But then suddenly the words come to my mind. What makes me so mad? It's definitely materials. Do I own anything in this life? No, I don't. Everything I have now, is from God. He let me have these things for a while. If I'm so mad that I'm gonna lose money, even those money are not mine. It's God that allows money to reach my hand to use on my materials need. So what is there to worry? God can let money come to my hand and they are not even mine. I should use the money to do my responsibility, to settle matters and not for me to keep like they are mine. I mean, "it's the possessiveness" that makes me think that "It's mine, so you shouldn't have it" makes it really hard actually. So when I think about it that God owns all that, and He will supply my needs if I rely on Him, what is there to worry? I can pass all that I have just so things can run smoothly, so that other people will get what they deserve and I get to fulfill my purpose in the society. It makes me feel so calm. It's funny how when things are hard, we think of many words to say to God. Suddenly we have reason to say longer prayers. Maybe it's really why God gives us hardship once in a while, He wants us to speak more to Him. He loves us telling Him about stuff. He loves to help. He's just so loving, isn't He. Goodness, God, you are awesome. Thanks for giving me such a realization before I sink myself in pain. Thank You, sweet Jesus :)    

No comments: