Statcounter

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Something Better Than Religion, Anyone?


Before this, I always thought that God lives at the Church. I was given the idea of why we must go to church every Sunday. "To Meet God". That's why, when I missed going to church, the next time I entered it, I said to God, "God, it's nice to see you again!"

But as I get older, I no longer just listen and accept. I want to have the kind of faith from understanding. I want it to be genuine and not just out of fear of other humans who make the rules. Well guys, in the world where religion is the reason why people fight, I want to understand do we have something better than religion? 

What if there's no religion, guys? I hate to see how people fight and kill because of it. We can say that religions teach about good things, that we can't blame religion when their members turn into extremism and hurt people from different religion and use God's name to justify their doing? Is it enough? Look deep inside of you, don't you judge one another because of their difference in faith? Maybe you silently do. Maybe you do! Like, hey, you are dirty because of what you eat. Or do. That's because of religion too, right? We become some judgmental freaks because of our religion. 

Sometimes, I just sit at the church and ponder upon this matter. In these people's heart, they have the love for God. The other part of them, are they really doing this for God, or humans who make the religion? I guess they are wondering too. They just don't want to be judged by the other humans. They want to be seen fulfilling their Sunday routine. But how much does the church attendance actually intensifies their faith? Does the connection with God only happens at the church? These days, religions are not just about God. You know, right? It also involves politics, power, wealth etc. But of course, church is built with Godly intention. Do not think differently of the church. It's the most peaceful place to meditate. That I agree. This isn't against the church.

But God doesn't just present at the church...

I can feel His presence beside me, all the time. Especially when I pray every morning, I have the vision of me, kneeling in front of Him. It's Him. The one that some people think can only be found at the church. My private prayer can't be more sincere than that. I got no one see me. Just in the comfort of my own small space, that connection can take place. It's as real as can be. No distraction. Just you and Him. You speak, He listens.

So when I missed a week or two from my church session, the next time I came, I sat and just smiled when I saw the painting at the church's wall. I didn't say, God, it's nice to see you again! Because I've been seeing Him everyday. I feel that when I don't really stress on religion, I feel more at peace. I feel that I'm finally honest about my faith with God. If you come across this post and start to judge me, you could be an extremism to your religion, and don't forget that your religion IS NOT your God. Remember that religions have brought so much pain in this world because people want to prove they are better than they rest. Enough people, enough!!

Religions teach us that we are better than others, right? No, in the eyes of God, WE ARE EQUAL. Remember that.

No comments: