Statcounter

Friday, November 20, 2015

A Wedding of Bread and Butter



Actually, there are a lot of moderate couples out there who would not mind having just a small ceremony to celebrate their wedding. Usually, their priority is the holy solemnization. It's more important to have it legal in the eyes of God, and everything else is number two. Especially in a much demanding world of today. Everything is expensive. Everything is trend. Everything is about who is better than who. You have to be really "unique" if you are not part of this.

Like this article we could find in Fb. About this couple who only served breads with butter to the wedding guests. It is said that they didn't want to get into debt, so they only spent what they could afford. Bread and Butter. If you ask the question, why can't I be like them? Can I ever be like them? Why should I spend so much when the life after marriage is more important than the ceremony? You should also consider how is the community the couple in the story belongs to. Cos definitely you will take that into your consideration if you have the same idea. It's easy to say that "I don't care what people say, I am the one who will bear all the problems, not them!"

I know a few people, who never even had a wedding ceremony. They only got their civil marriage (which is  sufficient to be authorized as legally married) and then they live their life like a normal married couple. I remember one of them wrote in her blog, she had people talking on her back about the marriage, but she didn't care. She was happy with her marriage and she was already pregnant that time. So, this kind of moderation exists in our community but they are not easy to find. If you ask me, is it possible, yes It Is. It depends on how much and how far you are willing to do it - for the purpose of fulfilling your marriage procedure.

If you ask my personal opinion, I'm sorry if I might upset you. Cos the reality in my community - not that I care that much about what people say, but My Parents do. YES. I figured out that our wedding ceremony is not actually "especially for the two of us who are getting married that day". It's especially for Our Parents. They are the one who receive and answer for us when we are not around. They are the one who deal with their friends and relatives anything about their children. So I find out that, no matter how independent you are to the demand of the society, if you understand that "This isn't really about you". It's from my observation, why parents would fork their own money for your ceremony is because they want to have it done as properly as possible. Anything less than that, even if they don't necessarily get bashed in front of their faces, but they would feel really bad as parents. So our wedding ceremony is one way for us to make them happy. It will make them feel like they have done a good job being our parents, or at least, don't make the lose face in front of their friends and relatives. My parents might not see how much I have and would do for them, but in this one matter, I definitely put them first. Cos we only get married once, right? Our parents would usually have a few items to check in their lifetime. 1. Raising you well 2. Get your religious obligation done (baptism etc) 3.Your Education 4. Your Job After Graduate 5. Your Wedding! After that, they consider that you can take care of your life from there. It's that important to them. 

So the question of - what if I can't afford it? Well, here's the challenge. You need to be really smart with your money. If you have little budget, you need to be Even smarter. Try to do things yourself. Don't rely too much on second party to handle things for you. Get hands-on to your wedding details. This might not be the option for everyone cos I know a lot of people who won't do these kind of things. It's alright if you have more budget but if you don't, just this one time, try to make your dream wedding within your budget. Somehow, I agree with the principle of not getting into debt, or if you have to, make it a manageable debt. Don't OverDo it cos it will be a waste. A small, intimate, nicely planned wedding, with the close friends and relatives - is enough as long as everyone will have a good time. All the best on your preparation! :)

 

No comments: