Statcounter

Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Birthday Prayer

I was looking for a Birthday Prayer and I picked this one to share here. :))


Heavenly Father,
It's my birthday, and the number just keeps getting bigger.  Yet as "vast" and "great" as the sum of my years seems to me today, vaster and greater are my thoughts of you.  The number of my years is calculated merely on terms of decades, but if I tried to "do the math" concerning your glory and grace, I'd have to count every grain of sand on every beach that has ever existed.  With David I can honestly say, "How precious to me are your thoughts."
Father, keep on rescuing me from all wrong thinking about you.  Keep showing me how little I really see and understand about the greatness of your love for us in Jesus.  That won't embarrass me; it will truly thrill me.  May the gospel keep on getting bigger and bigger and bigger.
It's a source of incredible peace and freedom to know that you've ordained all of my days for me.  That feels not like unfair fatalism but rather Fatherly affection.  I'll not live one day more or one day less than you decree, by your sovereign purposes and eternal pleasure.
There's a part of me that would like to turn the clock back for a possible "do-over," especially for certain stretches of my life.  But then again, not really.  Your name is Redeemer, and you're the God who restores years eaten away by locusts.  I choose to rest in your love rather than stew in my regrets.  I have great confidence and hope in your commitment to make all things new.
All I ask is that each additional day, week, month, or year your appoint for me in this world will be filled with a greater gasp of the only love that will never let go of me.  By your Spirit, Father, continue to reveal to me how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ - the only love that surpasses knowledge (Ephesians 3:18-19).  Everything else will take care of itself.  I make my prayer in Jesus' matchless and merciful name.  Amen.



 It's nice, isn't it. You can read it too on your next Birthday :))

2 comments:

Wilder said...

Happy belated birthday sis!May each and every passing year bring you wisdom, peace and cheer. God bless you :)

Twofivesix256 said...

Hehehe, Thanks sis...God bless...:))