Statcounter

Friday, June 17, 2011

The Joke or...The Jewel



Hiya all. I miss you guys too…*LOLS. Now I am stealing time to write cos I know I am bad with time management. If I delay, I would leave another day without a new post…OK guys, I’m here now. Come let’s talk about something that everyone can relate to. It’s about Being You. Yes You.

Everyone wants to be “All the good things”. Smart, good looking, sexy, macho – you name it. You look at the mirror and see someone. I know that many of us go out there and looking for approval that, Yes, the person they see in the mirror is “someone the person who is looking at the mirror can be proud of”. Do you do that? Are you one of them? Hehehe.

From my experiences, I am nothing new to compliments and even sarcastic remarks and even criticism, for whatever reasons. I have felt how people’s hurting words hurt me till it made me cry but on the other hand, I have received compliments that made me feel like a priceless irreplaceable jewel. So, if you really care about people’s opinion, which do you plan to be? The joke or the jewel? If you pick to be the Jewel, what about those who dislike you or keep finding fault with you? Don’t you think you should take into consideration their opinions too? Aren’t you one of them who build lives on people’s approval? Or are you Not?

Look, ladies and gents. Maybe I am cursed with hyperthinking. I could never get enough of doing it. I WAN T TO KNOW WHO I REALLY AM. If people say I am bad, AM I THAT BAD? If people say I’m good, do I deserve it?

Since small, I saw my sister won all the comparisons between us. I have learnt to be happy as someone who lost to someone better. As we grew up, I overtook my sister. Suddenly my relatives saw me first instead of my sister. It made me thinking, Hey hey…so has my sister really becoming worse that what she was when everyone was praising her? I finally found the answer. The answer is NO. My sister will always be “herself” and all her winning points, just that the judges have changed , so sometimes I could be seen as a winner, instead of her.

After all said and done, don’t you feel tired? Don’t you want to retire and call it a quit to all this games of evaluation which results keep changing. Everyone has their own say. Subjective. Suddenly you come at a point where you wonder, HEY, SO HOW THE HECK I SHOULD THINK OF MYSELF? Silly. Don’t freaking ask that!!! Hahahahaa.

I know that I have surpassed that stage when what people think about me doesn’t really linger in my mind. Not that I don’t care. Not that I don’t appreciate. If people flatter, I’d say thank you from the bottom of my heart. Just that, I SHOULD know something MORE than other people know about me. At least, something that is not subject to changes. So maybe I have found a few points to that list, so when I have my guyfriend come to me and say, “256, lose that hair. It doesn’t work on you”. I just won’t bother. I FAIL to bother. I even have people criticizing on my work and how I do my work. They just meet me in 10 minutes and already they have a full set of personality analysis. I could only laugh back. I spend my whole life learning myself and you learn me in 10 minutes and claim you know everything?

I speak this way to give you guys a kickstart on HOW to SEE yourself BEYOND all the watching eyes. You can never be smart and beautiful and sexy and handsome TO EVERYONE! I bet my life on this. So BELIEVE in who you see in the mirror and what you feel about the person, cos when you go out there and listen to everyone, trust be you’d think you don’t know who you are anymore! Same thing when people flatter you. You know better that you are just as B level but people say you are A scorer, it will keep you on the ground. You say thanks to them, and it boosts your confidence, but you know that you are just at B level. MY point is very simple. YOU ARE SO PRICELESS. How many cells and tissues and organs come together to form YOU, and blessed with abilities and talents, TELL ME GUYS, TELL ME HOW COULD YOU NOT BE A JEWEL? Self value is VERY IMPORTANT. When you reach a certain stage, you know that no matter what people think, YOU KNOW YOURSELF BETTER.

It’s okay if you think you are over praised for something that you have or you do, but then use your Jewel quality to knock yourself back that you know regardless what people say, whether it’s too good or too bad, IT WON’T CHANGE WHO YOU ARE. You are still with your glory and obscurity. You might not be good in writing, but maybe you are a fast practical thinker. Be happy for other people for their Jewel qualities, but never leave yours wasted. You know what is so good about all this??

You can simply experience the miracle of your creation. You are strong and you are weak. And you know it all. This is your weapon to maximize yourself so you can make full use of everything you have and how you avoid yourself from succumbing to your weak points. Most importantly, who do you see in the mirror is YOU, regardless what people might think of “that” person. You can still go around and feel you are on top of the word although you are not be Albert Einstein or Aiswarya Rai. You could be a joke to many, but to you, you know you are that Jewel. Never waste it :)

No comments: