Statcounter

Thursday, June 2, 2011

[256] The Chatter: Who Is She?


I know that after a few years being in IRC, people are still curious about me. In the case where I was very new in the channel and already I was given advantage or priority to be in the operator list, it made most of them even more curious about me. At the same time, I am an  active chatter. Unless it's worktime, I don't just be there to watch people chat. I come to IRC to chat and share some good laughs, info, knowledge and experiences. 

Although I have chatted so much, I have written so much in blog and in Fb, still...people who I think are close to me as online friends, also feel they still very curious about me. Hahahaha. So, what can I expect from the newer friends? Of course I've done a lot of explaining on WHY I pick this number to be my nick, and it's funny that since 2008 that I've been here, I thought people would stop asking. They don't. The new ones keep asking like the early days I  came to IRC. I made a joke that I wish I could have an answering machine to play everytime I got asked that question again! Hahaha. No, I'm not going to do explaining here AGAIN! OMG, don't tell me you still don't know?! :PP

You guys have been chatting with me. Some of you might think I know too much about many things and always have opinions on different matters. They also said something about my type of English who is not quite like the common Manglish they often use. Sometimes I even got people questioning my nationality since I was not familiar with some Malay words they use in the channel. Hahaha. So there goes the question, 256, Are you even Malaysian? *LOLS!! Some of you even ask my age because of my Maturity and knowledge – but then they get a little confused when I can be very childish and irritating. Hahahahaa. Ok, so? Who the heck I am? *LOLS


I first came to IRC earlier than 2008, before I retired for years. I joined chatroom when I was still at school. I chatted with many group of ages, from those around my age, up to many years older, even a 40 years old who constantly pm me for a chat. I remember those people told me that I was a good chatter and I was very smart that was why they like chatting with me. I said that nothing to brag about because I know who I am. I am not that good but I appreciate people’s opinions. So logically speaking, if I got comments like that way before, how do you expect me to be when I come back? Of course I should be better now I am more matured to handle my emotion when people pull my legs in chatrooms, I was not anymore overemotional or easily intimidated. Yes, maybe I am maturing through all the years. We all are. Plus, if you are curious why sometimes I have info on topics like Gays – how they have 2 types, whether you are the top guy or the bottom guy…then they were like, Gosh, 256, I didn’t know you know all that? So? What do you think? That I have become a Gay once in my life to know all that?? Hahahahahahaha. 

Let me tell you this…

[256] is an entity who likes to read, and she was once spent a lot of time watching and listenening to talkshows and interviews. She reads a lot of magazines and Q & A columns on social problems,  motivational books and for someone like her who likes to think and ask a lot of questions – she even calls herself the hyperthinker (as she is also hyper in writing and talking!), so what do you expect? That entity is me!! Hahahaha.


Let’s put it this way. Who I am in chatroom is THE BEST way for you to get impressed by me and my skills because I have writing talent, and this is nothing to brag about, I learnt about it after I have many people telling me so. I thank God for every gift but the point is. [256] in the chatroom is the best version of me because you can make friends with me without having to stand my talkativeness which can be annoying and non stop, and what you can share with me is only the things that I able to express thru writing, and most of them are positive things. You don’t have to see how easily I got annoyed or other things; Just me and my fingers at work. 

I can relate to many life topics is because I’ve been this part time “counselor” or stress therapist to those who come to me. I’ve been doing this since schooldays. People just find it comfortable talking with me and spill out their troubles. I'm always a good listener, and although being a fragile person is a curse, it helps me when it comes to this part. I easily feel for other people and so with their experiences plus with my own, I can usually give my views on people's situation.  So when I share my views in the chatroom, you know it's something routine to me. I've been asked about this a few times, Are you a Psychologist? (Counselor). The answer is, NO. This is not my official job. I don't try to chat like I know everything or pretend to sound like I have ideas on everything. It's not true. What I share and what advice I give comes from the indirect counseling experiences that I do very often. I have accepted this "task" that I considered "my purpose of creation" because I believe that God gives me some capabilities to carry out some duties that can benefit others. I am just one who realizes that I shouldn't waste all my gifts. I never ask people to come to me but they just come. Whether they are my customers, or strangers that I meet for the first time, friends and even relatives - some of them find in me the person they can rely on sharing their mind burdens and even secrets. If you ask me what I feel towards this...Sometimes it's bothersome to my time because I have my work to attend. Sometimes I made a sacrifice  just to hear a new customer spoke about her sadness on her love life. Everytime I do it, I sincerely want to listen. I want to know what's bothering the person, who knows I could help. It's from experiences that I tackle issues faster and give better opinions. So don't think that I have reached a certain level better to be doing this. Just my humble self who has been Learning life the hard ways. My achievements in this are; getting them going back to me and said, "Thanks for your advice, 256. It works."(I have written in a post before that  through counseling, I have saved my uncle's wife from trying to commit suicide while they were having a big trouble in their marriage :) )


So I hope you know who is [256] The Chatter is. I am just one person who appreciate Life and who is trying to give my very best because I want to give LIFE all the reasons why it should give me all the good things in return. That's how I make use of my positivity. How I chat reflects my intention going to the chatrooms. I don't find enemies, I don't make enemies and I won't associate with those who have the wrong intentions because Life outside there is HARD ENOUGH, chatroom should be a peaceful place to take a break and have a laughing good time.

Those who don't like my ways, I'm sure you guys have done what's necessary to never make contact with me. We are grown up people. This is a free world. *giggles. As for those who like my way and how I  chat, Please take only the good things.THANKS for being my chatroom friends. You guys are superb :))


NOTE: I will post my voice soon so if you find it hard to visualize my humanness, I hope it would help a bit. Coming soon...:))

No comments: