Statcounter

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Did it make me a Santa Rina?

Years ago, I think could be around 5 years ago, this lady often came to my place for a chitchat. Sometimes I just couldn't entertain her because I was busy with my work and she just sat there looking at me awkwardly. Shortly after that, she left. That happened so many times. I didn't know what to call her, a customer? or a friend? I couldn't hardly categorize her because most of the time she came there to sit. One day I remember she SMS-ed me, "Take me to work with you." "Pay me a little, I don't mind." I calmly told her, "Sorry, I don't need assistant at the moment. But lets say if I ever need one, I'd let you know". She wasn't offended because she still came and did her routine. Hahaha. Sometimes when I was free, I actually entertained her for a long conversation too. So maybe that kinda built somekind of a friendship although I didn't give much thought about it. 

Then I learnt she landed a job at an early-learning institute for maybe 2 years, and changed to another place, doing something similar. I didn't hear from her after a while because her workplace was quite far from my place. Occasionally she dropped by during her off-days. We updated each other about current happenings and I lost count of what I have told her, what I have not told her, because conversation just flowed without much thinking on my side. She was usually the listener.

So, finally she decided to resign from her job. It didn't go well with her and her workmates. She hated the politics and she felt that she was bullied by them by cutting her pay and stuff. So, she goes back to her own environment. She has more free time to drop by at my place. I did help her find job at my customer's place, but nothing work out. She wanted office hours job and somewhere nearby her house. Without much skills, it was hard for her to get to get a good job actually. She could cook but she didn't want to do it anymore. She wanted something else.

So finally, in 2019, believe it or not. I actually offered her a job at my place. Although just as a partime assistant, she's still the best for the work. You know why? Because all the times when she went to my place and we talked, she actually remembers a lot of things. I was so surprised when she told me about my old tv I used to put at the rack, about the break-in in my office, and many more old stories of mine, like I only told her yesterday. I kept saying, "I told you that? Oh, you know about it? Oh, I did tell you that story right?" This person, has come to know me, and sort of understands me without any effort from my side. For someone who used to drop by, I must lose count how many times she came that she actually knows a lot about my life. Hahahahaha. And today, she finally works for me. I wonder if she had been wishing that since the day she first asked me to hire her.

Actually, it's more interesting than that. Life actually "forced" me to hire her.  I mean, I really can't deny anymore that I need an assistant and there she is. But what got me in this extra busy situation, is also her. She helped me with something, although it was not much effort from her side too but it turned out to be a very massive help to me. Now I have more work to do and I need someone's help, someone that I can trust and understand me. Again, there she is. I can find a few suitable people for the job but they are not in the right position because of their own commitment. But she is very much available and she fulfills all the criteria. Look at how the universe conspires to get us here today and finally I can finally answer her request. Interesting, right?

I don't know, but since Christmas is approaching, I feel like a Santa Rina when I thought I have fulfilled her wish. *giggles.

No comments: