Statcounter

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Why Must I Fear?


Hello guys! I miss you guys too. Pardon me for being away from blogging for quite a while. I'm always around but I often missed the chance to blog. Here I am again!

The question is, Why Must I Fear? They say, Fear is the absence of Faith. But what about those who actually have faith, and know exactly what they believe, in one divine God, that is. So, does that mean these so-call faithfuls can't or shouldn't have fear? Or by having fear, is their faith not real?

Let me get this straight. The older I get, the more fears I have. Not to mention the existing ones. Fear of heights, and now I think I'm starting to get phobias - because the more we know about this world, the more fragile we are. I start to miss the younger days when I did not have the knowledge about so much filth of this world. The world is just more than just uncertainties, it's just out of this galaxy kind of uncertainties. I wish I could pick which part of the world I want to know and remember. The crimes that people do, greed, inhumane, insanity, I am not sure anymore if there's really anything that can reverse all that. But then, don't we have God? Yes we have. Is God enough? Yes, He is. But why do we still fear? I think I have the answer.

My faith is one thing. I believe in God. I believe that He listens, He protects, He gives mercy and He guides. He does all that, and He will not abandon the believers. But I also believe that God gives us power to decide what to do with our lives. Remember the times when we did so many mistakes and they happened anyway? Despite getting guidance from God, we still very much listen to our flesh instead of our spirit. Or even if we try so hard to get guided by our good conscience, things can still go wrong. God certainly let things happen as a consequences from our decision. And He certainly will let us make the mistakes, no matter how many times - as long as we decide to still make that mistake. So you understand where Fears have place around Faith? The fear that we still got it wrong, whether we are led by our desire or God just purposely wants us to learn. That's why, despite my faith, my fears are still around. As a matter of fact, my fears are bothering me everyday. I wish they could just go away. I still believe that I am lacking in the kind of faith that really can make all the fears go away. Lets just put it that way for now.

Somehow, it's just worse without the presence of Faith. I accept this as a learning process. Looking at the brighter side of it, I must have my battles to keep growing. Once I can overcome this, I will know why God allows them to be in my life for now. It's with them that I will watch my steps closely, that I will never feel safe without God's protection. In fact, my fears make me rely on Him much more than before. Guys, if you face the same thing, pick that road with God in it. We'll be safe anyway...:))


No comments: