Statcounter

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Hello, I Am Imperfectionist, and You?

Of all the time I thought I was a perfectionist, it turns out that I am totally the opposite? Hahaha. Ask me how I find out! 

I saw that the world is getting more competitive everyday. People find competition in almost every aspect of life. A perfectionist should be part of that, right. Cos it should be easier to win when you have it all set at a good level. But apparently I have less desire to compete. Maybe I hate losing, but who doesn't? I guess there's something else. I just quit getting approval. Having a perfectionist mental but far from being perfect, is already a torture. Aging makes me realize more and more that - I want to happily be ME!

It's not possible if I keep competing. What if what's good for them is not what I want. What if I don't care if I'm prettier or sexier, or smarter. Then why should I try so hard? Competing means I am trying to be at someone's level, when I don't necessarily desire it. I have figured out what are the things that I want. At the same time, I will have to live with a few facts that I am always imperfect no matter how hard I try. Not everyone will like me, or accept me, no matter what I do, or no matter how good I can become.

Me and all my imperfections, what should I do with them? Should I beat them and get rid of them? Maybe I could do something about it. But it ain't free. It gonna cost me a lot of fun and comfort from my life and you tell me I'm doing it all for other people? No Way. That's why, I have decided to just be an Imperfectionist instead!!! I am gonna make peace with my imperfection, not because I can't improve, but I have decided, I will never gonna impress people, their way. I'm not gonna do what they like, not gonna dress how they want me to, I'm not gonna get their affection by some angelic acts that I never have to begin with!! 

You know what the fun part of this? I want to keep the fakers away. I don't want to conspire with the wrong people to manipulate virtues just to be in my life - just for me to find out that they are not worth it. I only want the right people to be here. The people who will accept me just this way, without me having to show my best yet. Call that some lessons I get from life. So have you decided something similar? Time to figure it out! :))


No comments: