Statcounter

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Can I Get A Discount?

An older customer came today and said he wanted something like what he ordered before but he found another place that charged lower that what he paid before.

He kept asking "can I get a discount?" So upon hearing that he found another place that charged lower, I said, "Oh, why not go to that place this time?" which I really meant it.To me it's their right to get the cheapest price, they have the choice. Then he was giving me that look of, "No no, that's not what I mean". 

So he continued, "I only ask in case I can get a discount but if I can't, it's okay," Maybe he thought he had hurt me or what, but he didn't know what I was really thinking! So when he said that he wanted to order in quantity, then I said, "Ohh, why don't you tell me earlier?" So just like that, I gave him a price, which was lower than the price he expected. 

My reason is, price is just something, but it's not everything. I can understand his situation that they only started business and still came to me knowing that I charge higher, I actually have a special "price adjustment" for case by case basis. Plus, they order in quantity, so I no longer feel guilty for the generous discount. At least I agree with, Keeping your old customers is 5 times cheaper than getting new ones.

So you know, sometimes what you do effortlessly is what will earn you the discount, instead of keep bugging to get it, which won't work for me. So in the end, it's always Win-win with my customers. Fair enuff...hehe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I came across your blog and I enjoyed reading your amazing stories. Interested to collaborate ? Email me at nurul.aini@zalora.com.my. Hope to hear soon. Thanks!