Statcounter

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Fan Of Originality, Anyone?



Do you have the guts to just appear as YourSelf?

No Imitating, No Plagiarizing. No Copycat.

As for me, I used to claim something about my own originality. I claimed to be doing things not because of trend, not because I’m a follower of some obsession, which I really have proven when it comes to my career. But then, still, it depends on your definition of original. Although I’m not a person of eyelashes and blusher, but I experiment hair colour a little too often. People can say that I’m not original because of my hair colour, and you know I’m gonna laugh at that. I think that these people who are always comparing and bringing up the issue of not being original, shows very Original form of jealousy, and that is really really making your so-called Originality less matters. Agree? Not?

I remember that I called this guy as “Original”, of all the other characteristic that I could refer him. The reason I called him that was because he was just comfortable being himself, doing things his way, without getting assimilated and “polluted” by the culture of the community that he was in that time. I was amazed that he was able to keep his “old ways”, from the way he talked, from the way he dealt with people and his mannerism, although I thought was a little harsh, but he managed to keep his Original ways of how he was being brought up by his parents. Sometimes, I wasn’t sure if by calling her original was a compliment or otherwise. Being original is in the sense of being just you are, with your own unique ways and characteristic, and it doesn’t necessarily mean that your originality is always doing you good. Agree?

So for those people who always highlight they part where they are Intact when it comes to their Physical Originality, and calling people who undergone beautification procedures and Fakes and Plastics, I really find less reason why because I notice that, even how much people appreciate originality, they just appreciate it even more if you put some effort to just Be Someone Better, even if it means that you have to change your ways and getting farther from your Original state. Confusing?

My bestfriend is a very good “word thief”. I used to say some common slangs, and she actually adapted all those into her common slangs. Yeah, even it was in swearing. I was like, Hey, you stole my line!! So, if I make it a point of who’s more original, I would claim it because she stole the lines that I created. Maybe she thought those lines were cool so she took it and did even pay me “some royalty”. Ok kidding. Hehe. What I mean is that, her ability to just absord words from others, partly contributes to her intelligence. Although her words are mostly all taken from other people that she took example from, but then, when she meets new people, people might feel impressed because of her rich vocabulary. In other words, although she’s not being original, but she’s just better that way. You get my point?

So that’s why I am never so fond of originality anymore. I would prefer to be like a sponge that can easily absorb info and knowledge and skill from people who are better. Maybe when my relatives saw me, they might complain about my red hair, or think that I’m a show-off when I speak more English words than Malay, maybe they can badmouth that I have adapted so much of the city culture and maybe forget my root too, They may say all that. But I’m sure, their little thought say that it’s quite an achievement to reach somewhere, and they would be thanking people like me who ignore people’s badmouthing and Just Do It despite people disapproval. Sorry, that is ancient to me. For the record, if I live to please these unhappy people, I would never have this chanc e to even write this for you all to read. All in all, the only valid reason for you to Remain The Old You Forever, is when it’s the values that really are your Winning Points, or else…Feel Free To Change!!! Toss your originality and welcome the new and Better you :))

No comments: