Statcounter

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Too Drunk For An "I Love You"





Some say that guys speak the truth when they are drunk. Some other say that they speak nothing but nonsense hence not to be taken seriously. I mean, WHICH ONE is true? One thing for sure, they don’t freaking remember anything if they are heavily drunk. Well, they can be a little nasty by pretending to be drunk and say something they don’t have the courage to say in normal situation. Are the words from their mouth reliable? What if they speak the word that you want to hear all your life and it happens while they are drunk?


Guys who have been close to me should know one thing that I am not really a fan of “I Love You”. They have spoken this word to me for how many times, I could not count but a lot of guys like this word. To me I Love You has long lost its value. When a guy shows me that he’s the type who says it easily, it’s the sign that No way I’m gonna buy it. Anyway, don’t get me wrong. I do care if someone says it seriously. I do care if he means it or not. It’s just that he has to convince me in many little ways before that happens.


I remember this one guy who I care to mention. He had been special to me once. I bet he gonna remember it too because he didn’t believe among all the others, he could catch my attention. Our friendship was so special that he almost left his girl. It got too complicated that he was torn between his girl and how he wanted to take it a step further with me but I was not giving him the signal he wanted, to make sure he did the right thing if he decided to leave his girl. That time, seriously I didn’t know what to do. I was being stagnant, just following the flow. He never said that word I Love You to me because I’ve told him I don’t appreciate that word when it’s said without meaning it. So he often used any other words to tell me that I mean a lot to him and all the other things. Anyway, he said to me that one day he gonna say it in the way that I accept his sincerity. He had asked me once if I love him, of course I never answered back. During the mess happened when his girl found out about us, we were kind of drifting away for a while. His hands were tied. Until one night that he spent hours talking to me. I’ve been wondering what he was feeling that time when our situation was badly affected. He got me on the phone that nite, and it was the time when he sounded soo fragile and how he wanted to hear my voice so badly… I was kind of sad thinking that it was just the best we could do that time. He told me about his sadness. He told me he was so stressed out. And when it was my turn to speak, he went silent and as if he absorbed every word that came out. He sounded so touched when he said he missed EVERYTHING about me. As I was saying, I knew he felt so touch when he kept calling me, “Dearr… dearr…” So fragile. So expressive. Yes, it touched my heart to hear him that way. He was always a tough and egoistic one. So we talked until his phone died. Once we got back on, he told me straight, “Baby, the 3 words”… “Baby, I Love You” as if the conversation we just had reminded him back how he felt about me. He finally said it despite knowing that I didn’t like to hear a guy toy with the word. He made me feel that when he finally said it, he meant it. During the final part of the conversation, he told me he drank some beer. I understood that he was so stressed out that he needed some therapy and he didn’t sound drunk at all! He said it, “Can I tell everyone that I Love You? I can’t wait. I want them to know.” After knowing that he was kinda drunk, I said, “No. No need to say it again. If you really need to say it, say it when you get back your senses.” It was a very sweet nite to remember. I appreciate the feelings that I had that nite. He said, “I will announce that I Love You the first thing in the morning when I wake up.”



The next day came. We greeted as usual. But this time, he was NOT drunk anymore. He sounded shying away again with his words. He DID NOT do what he said the nite before. My deepest thought still wondering if he actually meant everything the night before. I never brought it up. I kept wondering and wondering. Although the answer won’t change anything. Why did he sound so innocent and pure when he was drunk? It was pitiful to learn if he has that much talent to fake things when he was drunk. And one more, actually, he was not totally drunk. He was sounding very normal and he said all the sensible things. I mean…DARN…what could alcohol do to guys. You know that I ask this question, I don’t expect an answer cos I were there and I knew better. I just want you guys to see things this way once it happens to you. Honestly, I really think he was conscious when he spoke all the words. Just that his senses were not working well. He did not think about problems and risks and sensitivities. He just spoke his heart out carelessly. He said what he felt but when he gained his senses back, he knew it our situation was tough. If he said words of love to me, it still wouldn’t promise or change anything. He finally realizes that it was selfish to speak all that when it could not change anything. Whatever problems that we have will still be there with or without all those words and to say them is only being Selfish.

So…Too bad if He Has To Be Drunk before he could sing the sweetest lullaby. If you ask me should you take it seriously if a guy says something serious while he’s drunk, if what he says do make sense, then he could be meaning it. Be Your Own Judge. We all know alcohol makes them drunk but we never know how it can affect them. Maybe to some, they become honest, and creative to some other. We just don’t know. But to be safe, trust your instinct better. One common thing to do is --- words are just words, and they are cheap. You still have to rely on their actions TO PROVE IT, and yes, of course, they couldn’t do much when they are drunk. So guys…being drunk can embarrass you so don’t do it too often. Someone else gonna remember what you say MORE than you do and they can use it against you if needed. Pssttt…then this is what you can use to save yourself… “Did I say anything funny? Sorry I was drunk. I don’t remember anything.” Erks…Hehehee. 

NOTE: Don’t Drink And Drive :)

No comments: