Statcounter

Sunday, September 1, 2019

The Most Epic Guy from mIRC



Hi guys! It's 1st of September! Wow bulan 9 sudah o dari 12 bulan. Sempat lagi capai goal yg gemilang itu. Lets keep on striving! Sempat lagi niii...hehe

So alkisahnya, a few days ago time sia di toilet, buli2 fikiran sia melayang teringat this one guy bah. My oh my. Camana sia buli teringat ni orang cos maybe he was seldom mentioned or referred to in this blog since I first made it in 2008. Baru recently sia buli entertain some thoughts about him. Fikir punya fikir, ingat punya ingat, dis guy is in fact the Most Epic of all the great people I know from mIRC. Mesti kamu curious kan. You will know in bit.

Actually his story was so long time ago that I actually forgotten about him. I first found him when I just started to learn how to chat in mIRC, that time I was studying in PJ. I remember that cybercafe, located near Sunway Pyramid. He was in Sabah. Maybe that's only one time when I chatted with him. The next time after I went back to Sabah, I went to a cybercafe in Luyang, and found his nick again and he still remembered me. Then we started going to email. We email each other a few times a day, everyday! Then he started to send me snail mails, cards, I remember he often used that Dijamin Sampai Esok envelope. He was indeed someone close to me but I never had any feelings towards him. In fact I didn't have any kind of romantic feelings towards anybody that time. Told you I was a late bloomer. So, everything sounds normal, right? Lets cut the story short. I will tell you why he's end up as the most epic one. Some of the things he did were:

1. He first sent me a perfume set for Christmas gift. Before that I never received any expensive gift in my life.
2. He sent me a gold pendant in the shape of key for my 21st birthday
3. He sent me a Ted Lapidus pen for one occasion, I don't remember what. Could be another birthday.
4. He was the first guy who heard me crying on the phone (he found me during my immature age, sorry bout that...hehe)
5. For one Valentine, we made a challenge. He wanted me to make a handmade card for him, I did. That time he told me, "Kau salah course sudah ni cos he said the card was really beautiful, I shouldn't be wasting my time in Science stream" In return, he gave a big Hallmark card with the pricetag RM18.90 at the back. Back then it was super expensive especially for a student like me.

Oops. These all sounded so normal right? In fact, not epic at all. Hahahaha. But I'm not done yet!

Actually we started to slow down during my final year. Because he was not anymore the only one I talked to. I was busier with my life and new guyfriends who were close in age cos he was quite many years older. We became less close day by day. The last time he joked about was, "Could you be my mrs? but of course I took it as a joke. I never liked him that way. Maybe he saw that it wasn't going anywhere. I never even wanted to meet him because to me, I just enjoyed our friendship that way. After months of silence, the next time he told me, he was getting engaged. I was so shocked that time. I said, How come you didn't tell me first?? Of course he shouldn't cos it's not like I showed to him that I cared enough. I was just an ignorant girl who he wasted years on and still got nothing. I remember his request, "I want to meet you first and last time before I get engaged." Even that request I didn't take seriouslyOkayy, this is not the epic part yet. Here it comes.

I forgot to tell you that he's working in the HR Department of a government organisation. I knew that for a long time. Without any plan, as fate would have it, my sister went to his department to send an application letter. He saw my sister's form and caught the similarity in our names, and he ran after my sister, "Are you 256's sister?" My sister said yes. Then he suggested my sister to apply for a higher position because of her qualification. Imagine that he talked to me for years, he bought me expensive gifts, but it was my sister who he met first. So my sister had her chance but after she failed to get the post simply because there was someone else who was much more qualified and there was only one post. He told me from the phone that "your sister didn't make it". Ok fine. To me it was nothing. My sister met him by chance and not from my recommendation or me asking for his help. I didn't plan to ask him to help either. I didn't even know they were going to bump! So my sister missed the job. A few weeks after that, he called me again, "Does your sister want this job as a ..... but it was just diploma scale. IF SHE WANTS, JUST ASK HER TO COME TO MY OFFICE with all the documents." That time, my sister was already working as a clerk in a legal firm. Of course she jumped at the opportunity. I should highlight that my sister's course was not really suitable for that post. But because of that guy, she got the post just like that! And he told it to me so casually, like giving me a phonecall instead of calling my sister directly in a formal phonecall. It's like, this favour was actually for me instead of my sister. Before that, he told me many times how tough his job was because his relatives been asking for the same favour too but he had to disappoint them because he could not really help that much. So I know he's done a very big favour - in return for the friendship we had. Suddenly I feel touched all over again. Hehe

Before I graduated, he asked me, "Do you want me to chip you in (our department) too?" Of course I said no. I didn't want to be a government worker and something about my stupid ego would just refuse his help again. So I thought, he helped my sister was an enough favour. I didn't deserve to ask for more.

So that was many years ago ya. Because of his favour, my sister has a good job and good salary. In fact, now she has her own office room after being promoted. By helping my sister, he was also helping the whole family because my sister was the family's backbone since she got the job. Today, dat guy is STILL AROUND and still my sister's superior. He is now happily married with a few kids. The impact of his help back then, means a lot to my family. And it all began with the first hello on mIRC. How can he not be the most epic guy I know from mIRC? You get it now? Hehe

Only recently yang sia terfikir tiba2. KALAU lahhh sia terserempak sama dia, what would I say to him? Actually that idea of bumping into him is now acceptable. Masih belum bangas ka kalau sia mau cakap thank you sama dia ah? I will notify that to him that he is still the most epic guy I know from mIRC, and I will add to that, "biarpun banyak lagi orang2 yang interesting and happening sia kenal di IRC"...Hehe

To all those who I know after him, some of you still in my Fb lagi kan. Sampai today kita bercakap and berjoking sekali sekala. Kamurang tau lagi my blog. This guy teda all that advantage. So jangan majuk kalau sia panggil dia yang most epic ok? Hehehe. Maybe someday ada yang ambil that crown kan? Not impossible :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Masih belum telambat say thanks baitu biar pun bila2 kamu tejumpa, kan mang sdah jodoh sebagai kenalan �������� kalo sy lah ☺️☺️☺️

Wilder said...

Epic...kalau saya mmg cakap thank you kalau da terjumpa ��

Twofivesix256 said...

Iya...hehe. Cos sia selalu limpas tu area office dorang ba lately, terfikir juga kalau sia akan terserempak sama dia. Mesti lucu cos I don't think dia akan cam sia. I tell you guys about it when it happens. Hahahaha