Statcounter

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Just Because I'm A Woman?



Today I pissed a few people off. Cos there are certain things in life that you have to do in order to have your work done properly. Cos sometimes, people take advantage of my gender, that I'm a woman, so I have to always be considerate, I always have to pick the nice words, I have to always give way and I have to always understand. I can do all that, but I won't do it all the time. Cos I need to draw the line. It's so unfair when people think they deserve the good treatment from me just because I'm a woman, that, "Oh, it's the right way for a woman to behave". "I hate That.

I especially hate it when people take my smile and friendliness and use them against me to their advantage.  It's not that easy to draw the line. Cos I want my customers to know, "there's a line here" and they should not cross it. Sometimes I just have to hurt and piss them off just for them to realize that. Then what, now I have to feel guilty? (Am I in Chucky or Anabelle mode right now? I'm sounding so bad! LOLS)

Just like what happened today. The other day, I offered my customers to help them with their Fb page. Because they have just started and I felt that they needed some help. It didn't give justice to their company from what they displayed in the page especially when their services doesn't involve small money. It's considered a big business. Well, maybe because I'm a woman, I have that empathy to actually offer my help. This favour is not free for the usual customers. Again, maybe because I'm a woman I consider how long they have been my customers and I think that favour doesn't hurt, but to be fair, I have my terms and conditions. I said to them, this favour is one-off, means anything more than this, I will pose the normal charge. And guess what, maybe the didn't read that properly, or they took it for granted wishing that I could adjust my T & C, that I'd be lenient, I'd be kinder, I'd be considerate - all because, Ah, she's a woman, she should do and be all that! Darn, I hate it! And NO, that's not the way to go.

Stop using our gender to give justice to your action. Stop making us feel that we should behave in a certain way because we are a woman and a woman should put others above themselves because we have empathy and we are born to have soft heart and you can simply ask for our consideration whenever you want. This is the tough part about being a woman. That I have to defy all the common beliefs about What Women Should Be. No, there's no such thing. If I bow to that, I better stay at home and be a homemaker. Now I'm sounding like this, I must be a subject of evaluation, Oh 256, you are just bad like that. Cos do you have any idea if I can't speak? If I care to only be the most courteous person in front of you just to fulfill my attributes as a woman? It's impossible to get any job done properly. You know how many women out there are being bullied, are being mistreated, are being taken advantage of, Just because they care so much about how people think they should behave as a woman? They don't speak. They just accept when people give, and if people don't, they suffer alone. The mistakes that some of my friends do that keep landing them in the same trouble. Surprisingly, with this kind of firmness, it doesn't mean I am a harsh person. It doesn't mean I will always hurt you with my words. I'm not. I'm still filled with smiles and laughters. I still make you laugh. I'll still offer you help. But then please also accept that I'll be strict about work. Cos I can't adapt my play time rules at work. Oh, you think I should, just because I'm a woman, right?

So when I behave out of my way just to make some people understand, don't think I'm not aware of how you gonna perceive me. But if I care, I can't get my job done. If I think I can't make them understand, I'll just refuse any other future work from them. I will let them explore somewhere else and maybe find some other women who will let you bully them. OK 256, ENUFF with the ranting. LOLS.

Now you get it why being a woman is not easy? I hope you get an idea.

No comments: