Statcounter

Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Jobless Story

I get SMS from an acquaintant, asking about vacancy, If I know anyone or anywhere who have vacancy that she can apply. She has been asking this to me for so many times in a few months. Whenever she gets bored at home, she will SMS be if I know where she can get a job. Having a few people like her who come to me and asked about vacancy, it got me wondering. Actually it's really not hard to find a job if they really want to do anything as long as they have a job. The thing is, they are very picky. They don't want a job that is tiring. They don't want to come home late. They want somewhere very near their house area and on top of all that, they want a job that pays good. 

Before this, I told them the office nearby needed a clerk. It was the vacancy everyone was asking me for. Then, I said to them, "You know how to type, right? Cos you will have to type customer's letters." Even that basic thing they did not know. They replied me with, "Oh, if computer saya tidak berapa pandai." What?? Then how? So they have to let go the  vacancy because of lack of skills. Then they did ask me if I needed extra assistant. The thing is, I don't know what can they do to assist me cos to them it might look fun when they have someone to teach them something new and then get paid at the same time, and go home at 5, who don't want that, right. When they themselves know they won't have much to do because they don't really have sthing that they are really good at. Is this mindset normal?

Those who are stuck like this, I hope they can just get busy polishing their skill, maybe attend courses - at least know how to type! One shouldn't stop learning and expect others to be considerate, giving them the job that they know what to do instead of what they are needed to do. Even if you have any "orang dalam" in the government or private sector, all they can help you is get you the chance that thousands out there don't get, but in the end, they can't help you if you have no qualification, unless you are talking to a very considerate Owner of the company, and they give you the job out of pity. But u still need to prove yourself, if you can be productive or not. You'll still get kicked after a few months if you fail to contribute. 

So if the locals have this kind of mindset, maybe it's true that our economy will be in trouble if we rely on them, cos there are many jobs out there that need someone to do but won't suit their requirement. So is that why all the boutiques and shops normally employ foreigners? 

I can only write this but only you can do sthing about it. You can't just wait for things to fall on your lap. The older you get, the more people expect from you so you can't keep telling people "I don't know how to work with computers" just like you did when you just finished your SPM. It's time to upgrade!! 

No comments: